Even though I started out my work life in Design/Tech, I didn’t think I would be in a place where I would be sharing knowledge about using Digital Technology. Why? Because I was more focused on using that knowledge for my personal purposes and then to earn whenever I choose to. Websites, Web/Domain/Hosting administration, Multimedia authoring, Graphic designs, Landing/Sales pages, you name it! I simply enjoy engaging and creating amazingness with digital tools.
Fast forward to 2021 and on account of #COVID-19, am seeing how everyone seem to be in dare need of digital knowhow including traders who would’ve never imagined the need to interact with digital! So clearly, I seem to be embracing more of knowledge sharing roles these days…
In a recent Webinar Masterclass, I did share with participants on a probable scenario where non-IT persons could effortlessly make cross functional shifts within the same establishment (or outside of it) simply because they’ve built capacity to do so! I wasn’t quite sure if that line of thought resonated with my listeners. Lol.
Quite frankly I’ve always been that person who would rather just go for it – if I feel strongly enough about ‘it’. While am in for building career paths (as I clearly have), it does appear that for many, the concern is often with the risk of sacrificing depth for breath of skill sets. In my particular experience I find that this does not have to be the case.
Sadly I believe that the ‘sacrificing depth for breath of skills’ conditioning is the reason why many not only hold on to their comfort zones but also quietly propagate the ideology as well. For many persons who’re multi-gifted, I can only imagine how this kind of norm can be deeply stifling and frustrating.
Then again, in an era where whole industries are affected and are struggling with job cuts, persons who can explore their personal agility but fail to do so would clearly be doing themselves a dis-service by refusing to unleash all of their versatility!
NB: I did get impressive feedbacks from my last knowledge sharing session @ekoinnovationcentre and indeed with respect to showing the digital aspect of me, it makes me want to do more! Access recording here.

Comments
Post a Comment